Friday, May 30, 2008

Susse Sewing Box

A few weeks before Felix was born I started a bit of a sowing frenzy. I think it was a combination of not being able to go very far with my huge bump and partly finding a distraction from the impending birth. I also was very inspired by all the sewing blogs I came across and my passion for hand sewing was reignited. so I have decide to dedicated some blog time to sewing. Here are a few things I made a few weeks before Felix arrived. It all started with looking for a needle book as i am always finding pins and needles all over the place. I found a great one Cath Kidson site house sewing box is on my wish list. Here is my version of a needle book.
This an ongoing project going on a 70's stylie..Tip. I made all these cotton flowers a week before Felix was born. I have great plans to make a bed quilt err but I think it may become a cushion.
I anyway I will still persevere. At least I am using up all those odd bits of fabric I have at the moment.
Finally I made Ewen the Scottish cat for Felix it is his first toy. Keeps him amused in his cot.
I had fun . My inspiration came from an old Japanese magazine Figaro and there was a cute cat in an interior shot. Here is me in sewing frenzy.

No comments: