Monday, June 2, 2008

Old School Sewing

More sewing inspiration..Here is a peak at a few gems old books that have been passed on by my Danish grandma and Scottish grand ma and my great aunt. real gems as they really talk through old school sewing lots of techniqes which I think are disappearing as we depend more and more on technology. Here is some Old school sewing to get you inspired.

This book dates around the 1940's and has some really amazing embroidery techniques.

I find the cover inspiring old faded denim linen and sewing reel logo.

The practical home needle craft in pictures..

This book dates from 1933 with charming ideas forthe home and your wardrobe.
This book used to belong to my Scottish Grandma and a gem for every technique for making clothes when I am stuck with putting in a zip or making a pocket this is my bible for making clothes.
It also has some funky 70's interior design ideas.
Singer sewing book published in 1972 by Hamlyn.
I love the cover very 70's
This gem dating back to 1933 below belonged to my great Aunt a very talented painter and used to recreate many outfits from pictures of Vogue. I used to love raiding her closet when I was a little girl hours of fun dressing up in her clothes and she owned original Hollywood clothing she used to buy at markets in Glasgow.
So maybe check the family book shelves or your local second hand book store and see what you can find to inspire you old school style..

No comments: