Sunday, March 15, 2009

Fun work of Karin Mannerstål

Happy patterns Image copyright of Karin Mannerstål
I bought a cute place mat for Felix the other day. We have been trying to control the flying food in our house as Felix get to grips with independent feeding. I think I should have the mat on the carpet and not on the table. In fact Felix made that decision for me as he keeps throwing the place mat on the floor. The pattern on the mat makes me so happy when I look at it. I noticed the name of the designer was credited and I took a look at the website. I just love all the work of the Swedish designer Karin Mannerstål A Swedish Graphic artist who can turn her design skills to many mediums including furniture, textiles ,ceramics and the cutest products for kids. You may not recognise her name but you may know some of her work from IKEA. Here are some of my personal favourites below.
Image copyright of Karin Mannerstål
Image copyright of Karin Mannerstål Image copyright of Karin Mannerstål
She also designs for this Swedish company that produces some lovely prints. Check out their site to see some fun designs. Mario

No comments: