Sunday, August 2, 2009

The importance of having fun..

I haven’t been making the page in the month of July. Blogging and work /creative life have been taking a back seat and being Mum seems to have been the order of the day in July as Felix demands more from his Mum as he learns more about his new world through play and inquisitiveness. I have to be honest I seem too have been running on empty in July. My battery has been peeping at red for the past few weeks. This post today is about something of a reminder to myself the importance of having fun. I had a great night out this week with some girlfriends at art after hours at the gallery of NSW. Its place I love to visit and there is something magical about being there at night with all the beautiful paintings surrounding you. We attended a talk by the SBS new reader Lee Lin Chin and her theme was the focusing on small pleasures including the return to letter writing, crafting, making our own clothing and cooking. We have all the fast mod cons to help speed our lives and now we want to take it slow and enjoy the small pleasures in life. Afterwards we went down to check out some basket weaving which we were all a bit like let’s stay for a few minutes but we ended up giggling for an hour and half trying to work out our creations and laughing till we cried. How did I feel? Energised and surprised with what I came up with a weird flower basket. So my note to myself for August is don’t forget the small pleasures in life, laugh and most of all have a little fun.
My little creation of fun

1 comment:

Aurelie said...

Very nicely written! And lovely little basket (mine went straight to the bin!... poor little flower...)