Saturday, August 15, 2009

Sydney Design 09

It has been an amazing weekend weather wise here in Sydney. We are calling it Sprinter here.
It was the perfect weather for the Sydney Design Festival 09. I haven't been able to see that much this time around but I did manage to visit the Young Blood Designer Market. There where so many goodies to be found but here are a few things I purchased and some things on my wish list or possible gift for someone.
Here is an image I found on the Mugabo Design blog a lovely art installation. I manage to purchase some cute wood block prints which I can't wait to frame them. There really tiny but I felt compelled to support the artist as she had such nice stories behind her prints and characters. I purchased Mr Pineapple head and the Pasta Prince.
Image copyright of Mugabo Design Pasta Prince Image copyright of Mugabo Design Pineapple Head Image copyright of Mugabo Design
Image copyright of Keep Cup
My other purchase was quite practical one. I was quite taken a back because only the other day I was thinking about how many takeaway coffees I buy on route to the park and beach with Felix and started to think about how can I reduce all that paper and plastic I keep throwing away with each coffee. Et voila!! I found KeepCup. Not a new idea but their design it just right any checkout their website for more info. I will be road testing on Monday morning let you know it works with pram in toe. On my wish list was the charming work of Mooza Design hand made signs. I was thinking they where a lovely gift for someone. The market was really busy and hectic and quite squashed so I couldn't make my mind up there and then but you can buy on-line so once I can think of the right person I will no doubt be shopping.
Image copyright of Mooza Design

No comments: