Monday, February 13, 2012

A spotty day at the Tate Modern








 Art work of Yayoi Kusama
It's half term this week. Rocket and I on the spur of the moment hopped on the bus to St Paul's Cathedral and made  a dash along the Millennium bridge in the cold wet windy weather. In fact my little three  and half year son remarked on the bus that it was cold wet and miserable and brought a smile to some faces on the bus. 

When we entered the warmth of the Tate Modern and the Turbine hall we had a great afternoon. I have made a mental bookmark to  go and see the exhibition on the artist Yayoi Kusama. Rocket loved the huge spotty balloons hanging for the ceiling and as we sat in the cafe consuming some really nice chocolate chip ice cream. I gazed at the photos on the wall marking the life of the artist each decade she had lived through.

Here are some photographs , a little taster of the exhibition but you can find out more here. When I do get to go inside I will let you know what I think. I just loved the red and white spotty balloons out side the exhibit it made me feel so happy but there again I love spots I use them a lot in my own work. Spots just make you happy don't you think?


No comments: