Friday, May 11, 2012

Designing Women Post War Textiles

Exhibition view

Hello I have been quiet this week I have been busy working in the studio. But I finally managed to go and visit the Fashion and Textile museum. I loved their current exhibitions.
Designing women Post war British Textiles. Featuring the work of Lucienne Day, Jacqueline Groag, Marian Mahler,Paulez Vezelay , Mary White and Mary Warren. Featuring  classic mid century textile designs. It's the type of design that has always had a big influence on me the colours and simple design. For me it was the first time I had actually seen the original designs on fabric so it was a surprise see that these designs came in a large scale. It was great o be able to take pictures although no flash so there not great but if you don't get to come to London to see the exhibition you can have a peak here. It was inspring to see the work of these great women designers. Who made great designs after the tough years of the 2nd World War bringing a fresh ideas , light and optimism to the table.

Some of the fabric on display




Original artwork

Roller for printing




Inspiring desk

Pattern books

Framed artwork

Close up of design

Close up of design

Leaves design


Magazines of the day

Dress

Cabinate design

Design close up

Original design

Large scale designs

more pattern books
One of my favorites in the exhibition large scale print











No comments: