Thursday, June 14, 2012

Postcard from Denmark Part 2


Here is part two not such a long post this time more fun things to do in Denmark.


Visit any Lego shops and you can guaranteed spending a very long time in there. Rocket loved it.


Rocket building his house

Still building a house

Lego tourist

London Tower bridge Lego style

Copenhagen street in Lego



A must see shop is Illums Bolighus design mecca of BB (Beyond budget) beautiful homes wear.


Worth checking out is the Danish design centre . Have lunch there it's a bit pricey but I had the most amazing open sandwiches. They have a permanent exhibition on Danish design through the years a flash back to my childhood with some of the items on display.

Interior design from premanent exhibition.




Finally take a trip outside Copenhagen to the Louisanne museum  . It takes about half an hour by train. You get to see the Danish country side. It's a whole day trip. Walk around and enjoy the sea view and architecture. Great Kids area to play and create art. There is great shop to browse in and  have lunch in the cafe and enjoy the sea air. Something for all the family.





Sea view from cafe


Rockets creations left on the wall in the kids zone




If you have kids Denmark it is a fantastic family holiday destination. I am glad Rocket had the Danish experience I had when I was his age. I hope we can carry on some Danish traditions in our house.
I am running off to Scandinavian kitchen for my food fix very soon. : )


No comments: