Thursday, January 10, 2013

From my desk this week

Copyright Marimekko


Copyright Marimekko
Copyright Marimekko

Copyright Marimekko




Hello here is my first post for 2013 from my desk this week. I have been dusting down my desk and regaining access to my computer from a certain four  and half year old.
Here is my book inspiration to kick off a new creative year. I am focusing more on my textiles and surface design this year. What a better way to seek inspiration from Marimekko's new book In pattern. A sneak peak behind the scenes of some of it's contemporary designers and past designers. It covers sixty years of the companies designs. I love looking at the designers creative spaces (trying not to get studio envy)  The book demonstrates how their designers can add something special to the everyday objects you use on a daily basis bringing colour and happiness to your life. I hope I can achieve that with my designs one day : ).

It seems to be quite a rare book but you can purchases it here my husband gave me the book as a birthday gift he found  it here in London at Skandium
If your not so familiar with Marimekko have a browse at their colourful fun website. 






No comments: