Wednesday, January 30, 2013

From my desk this week

Copyright The Vera Company

Copyright The Vera Company

Copyright The Vera Company

Copyright The Vera Company

Copyright The Vera Company
Hello from my desk this week. Look at my new book"The Art and Life of an Icon by Susan Seid. I just received last week. A book I have had my eye on for quite sometime. I had a little money left over from Christmas and my birthday so I decided to splurge on some new art books. This book is so full of colour and sunshine. It has really given me lots of inspiration this week. Just reading about Vera's story is also uplifting and inspring too. Vera  Neumann was one of the first American artists who brought her colourful brand of art to the masses. Applied her cheery designs to many everyday products and surfaces. She started her company with husband in a little studio flat and produced a line of hand printed napkins and table cloths and grew into an International business. Constantly travelling the world to gather her inspiration.

I love some of her  quotes in the book for example.
"It dosen't matter where I go so long as I break my routine and see new things."
Too true I think you have step away from your desk/computer and explore new things and experiences in real time. Something we can all forget now and again to do.

So heres a little shot of sunshine from the Sun shine lady herself Vera Neumann who always strived to create art that was bright,happy and inspirational.


"Color sings to me.Color is such a marvelous way of expressing emotion. We have so many problems in this world;color just brings a little bit of joy into our lives. " Vera Neumann

No comments: