Friday, March 14, 2014

From my desk this week - Boot camping Jelly



Preparing my desk for the first day of bootcamp march mini.
Hello from my desk this week. The pattern theme continues with my life this month. Here is the latest work I have been up to on Lilla's assignment boot camp. As you can see the mini theme this month is Jelly moulds. I have to say my first week I had a bit of struggle. I set my self some goals.
Things I tried.
*Use new materials.
*Worked in another room away from the distracting computer. More space : ).
*Avoided papercutting and black pen line. ( soooooo hard)
* Just drew things for fun.
I am glad I did stick to theme and push through as this week I really feel that tipping point of going into a new way of working. Hoorah!! boot camping must be working. Learning not to feel rushed and stressing about all the million other things I need to do and just get into the zone.
Here are some fruits of my labour this week below. I am simplifying things now and preparing some patterns for quilting fabric.  As the big assignment for boot camp is to design bolt fabric. It is something I have been thinking of approaching companies with my designs or selling on Spoon flower.
Quilting fabrics are starting to get really trendy now and fast to pick up on trends and themes. I just bought this beautiful patterned fabric designed by Eloise Renouf from Raystitch store the other day to make a summer dress. (I went into Raystitch store to check out the fabrics and bought some opps!!)
So I am off to work on patterns today show you the results next week.
Have a great weekend. XX

Sketches for the mini boot camp.

Sketches for the mini boot camp.

Sketches for the mini boot camp.

Sketches for the mini boot camp.

Sketches for the mini boot camp.

Sketches for the mini boot camp.

Sketches for the mini boot camp.


No comments: