Wednesday, June 4, 2014

From my desk this week- Going Poolside



Susse Ltd ©2014 Going Poolside
 Hello from my desk this week taking a pause from a busy day to tell you how things are going. So as you can see I am still in a summery holiday mood. I missed last weeks from my desk post as it was mid term break for the schools here in London so not much work was achieved.

I did manage to work on the next phase of Mastering Your Market over at Pattern Observer.
I really enjoyed this project I really want to develop my skills in the furnishing market. It is still trend led but a freedom to develop your unique ideas. I was working on a hot trend for next year Poolside. Jumping into  the world of Hockney pool painting and Californian sunshine. Hockney's paintings remind  me of the hot long sunny days when I lived in Sydney and we had a  shared pool at our apartment. I love swimming so much just being surrounded by the turquoise blue water of a swimming pool just makes me so happy.

I think I captured that happiness in  my work.

I wanted to have more time developing this range. I managed to draw a tone of sketches which I can't wait to develop. I did find the furnishing lessons so helpful working with scale and up scaling your designs on to the computer and the whole printing process.

This week I am working on a the quilt market over at Mastering your market super excited to be working on this project. Show and tell next week.

Have a good week.

Susse X


Susse Ltd ©2014 Going Poolside



Susse Ltd ©2014 Going Poolside

Susse Ltd ©2014 Going Poolside

Susse Ltd ©2014 Going Poolside
Susse Ltd ©2014 Going Poolside



No comments: