Friday, September 5, 2014

From my desk this week- Summer School last brief.




Hello from my desk this week. This week was the last brief for summer school at make it in design.  I just made it to complete the brief. The brief was to work on layering different decorative styles. I wanted to create a contemporary feel to it. I took some inspiration from my recent trip to Paris and the over the top style of the Palace of Versailles and the simple shapes you can find  of Notre Dame Cathedral. Mixed the two styles together to make a wallpaper design. I really enjoyed summer school but I felt I didn't go very deep with the briefs due to the lack of time I had during the school  holidays.
This last brief I just had an evening to complete it. I definitely want to develop my design into proper collections now.  It was great to had such diverse design styles to work on and products. I am really glad I took part. It has sparked off some fresh new ideas.

You can see the lovely designs everyone created.
View the galleries going live today here.

More about Paris things next week. Have a great weekend XX.

Sketches inspired by Paris.

Bell tower at Notre Dame Cathedral

Ott style of the Palace of Versailles

Ott style of the Palace of Versailles

No comments: