Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Paris inspiration


A little inspiration today from my trip to Paris which was ages ago now. I have been meaning to write this post this week. I am in a clearing up, tidy up lose end kind of week for me so here are few exhibitions I enjoyed. We saw a lot and I mean a lot of things in Paris these exhibitions I found interesting to share with you.

Visit to the Quai Barnly Museum http://www.quaibranly.fr/en/ you won't be disappointed if you love all types of ethnic art from around the globe. It was so well put together . My photo's are bit shaky as everything is shown off on dark backgrounds and low lighting. It really highlights the amazing craftsman ship for all the pieces.











Tiki Pop Exhibition which  was also on at the museum but sadly no longer on but you can purchase the book here about this colourful Pop culture from the 50's.











I managed to get lost in the world of fashion designer  Dries van Nortan exhibition  
Les arts Decoratifs Museum in Paris. A catalogue of all is style and inspirations from his collections that span over his career as a fashion designer. It's still on until the 2nd of November a riot of textiles embroidery and print suitable for any textile lover. Maybe you will find some inspiration here too.









No comments: